RVM’s Heavy Trackway, also called Mammoth mat, is the ultimate portable road. In combination with the Fast deployment Tool (FDT) or Flatrack Deployment System (FDS), a 4m wide x 25m long road can be deployed within a few minutes.
The trackway comprises a combination of polypropylene yarn with steel wire into which spring-steel rods are woven. The spring steel rods provide the mat with so called membrane action, enabling it to transfer high wheel loads to the sub-soil without significant rutting or permanent deformation. The mat was especially developed by RVM to allow heavy vehicles to operate in soft terrain without the risk of bogging. This results in a surface that has high strength, durability and is resistant to chemicals and UV deterioration. RVM Heavy Trackway is proven to prevent bogging, even for the heaviest vehicles. The mat and can be used many times without noticeable wear and tear.
The portable road is flexible and light weight (15 kg / m2 ), which makes it easy to roll, drag retrieve and store. In addition, the Mammoth mat can be used on all types of soft soil, i.e. fine non cohesive sand, clay loam or peat in marshland or in swampy areas.
- To make marshy terrains passable for heavy traffic.
- As a building road to an construction site.
- As an emergency road where main road is under repair.
- As a swerving of area or hard standing for heavy equipment.
- To connect a temporary bridge or a ferry with existing roads.
- As a boat landing for landing barges and amphibian vehicles.
- For runways for small airplanes.
- For emergency airfields.
- Platforms for crane operation.
On request we can do a soil survey to determine what type of Mammoth mat is suitable for the soil conditions you have to cope with.
PORTABLE ROAD – PRODUCT RANGE
Heavy Trackway Mammoth Mat Steel 25.00 x 4.00 1500.00 kg
Heavy Trackway Mammoth Mat Hybrid 25.00 x 4.00 1150.00 kg
Heavy Trackway Mammoth Mat Carbon 25.00 x 4.00 700.00 kg
Customised sizes are available.